Friday, February 14, 2014

rain, rain, go away...

Minimal reporting this week; I made time to read my motorcycle book.  Yesterday there was a break in the rain, so I rode, which was wonderful.  I am currently starting out the window, wondering about riding tonight for Valentine's Day, tomorrow to the motorcycle show, and... Could I ride Sunday to Yakima?  Unlikely; it's supposed to be snowy on the pass.  But perhaps the weather report will change between now that then.  It is Washington's bi-polar winter. 


This time between rides helps me appreciate the times when I can ride.  When the sun peeks out or the rain lets up.  I might eventually ride in the rain, but I'll have to do some gear adjusting.  Tried it once, turns out my coat is not waterproof.  The time between rides gives us time to tinker on the bikes, and to ponder things like our Ride Report we want to create for our honeymoon on ADV Rider. 


The time between rides also gives me time to be in my car, and discover that while I love my car, I look jealously at the people who braved the weather on two wheels that day.  I feel disconnected from my surroundings.  I ache for the next time I will gear up and feel the rush of being on my bike, to feel connected to the road, to feel vulnerable, to feel alive.


It's as if I waited my entire life to discover myself.  I don't regret the years I waited to ride, how could I have known where that curiosity would lead?  But it has quickly become a part of me.  A mild obsession, a deep love.   I find myself exploring riding like exploring a person.  I want to know every nuance.  I want to understand every part of it. I want to surround myself and immerse myself and have a deep love affair with this passion. 


I feel so lucky to share this passion with my love, my Valentine, my partner.  It doesn't need to be explained, it is understood.  And it is talked about, because that is what I do, that is what we do. 


The sun is coming out.... my mind is on the open road.... Happy Valentine's Day my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment